Friday, July 25, 2008

Wall-E

I guess a good one to write about would be our latest trip to the movies. Bo's niece came and stayed with us for a week and one of the nights she was here we went to the movies and saw Wall-E. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, and so was our little one as well. I've decided from the whole experience that she doesn't really like going to the theater, so I don't think we'll be taking her until she gets a little older. But back to the movie, I really enjoyed it. My only qualm would be that the robots didn't talk as much as I thought they would. I guess I just supposed that they would have more quirky lines. I also was surprised a little by the story line, it just didn't go in the direction I thought it would. I'm not saying that in a bad way, usually that's a good thing, but I guess now that I think about it, I didn't really have any thoughts on where the movie should've gone. Anyway, I did enjoy it. Being that the robots didn't talk much, they did a lot with their body language; which made it funny. So for kids, it was charming and even for adults it is cute. With how much our little one talked about it and liked it (well at least as much as she sat still to watch) we will own it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Matt and I went to see this and laughed through it. Good stuff. You gotta love Pixar. But, I gotta ask... Maybe Matt and I are the only ones who picked up on this, but we were a little disappointed/worried that Pixar might have been trying to be more preach-y, and less just the fun neutral Pixar that everyone can love. Did you catch the bash on Walmart, President Bush (Using his quote, "Stay the course"), and well, obviously the big environmental message. They were all funny elements. I loved it and I would own it, but did you feel preached to? I hope Pixar isn't just testing the waters to release more "political cartoons". Just tell me if you got that feeling, or if I'm just being over sensitive.