Sunday, July 27, 2008

Super Size Me

I know that Super Size Me came out a long time about, but I never felt inspired to see it. But then we saw the FX show 30 Days, and liked it so much that we decided to rent Super Size Me because it has the same guy in it. As is 30 Days, Super Size Me was fascinating! People were telling me that once I watched it, that I would never want to eat McDonald's again, and that wasn't what I walked away from the movie with. They had some amazing statics, that really make you think. Really the movie wasn't just about McDonald's, it was about our nations eating habits in general. One thing they talked about was our school systems and what they feed our children. It's amazing what they could be feeding them for the same cost or even less cost. It just goes to show us where our nation is heading, we all over-eat and opt for the fast yet fattening meals instead of home cooked meals. Even with our home cooked meals, we are skimping on healthy foods. It truly is an eye opener for me as a mom, I have the choice to make my family fat, and I can change that. So for just being an eye opener in itself, I would say for you to see it. Bo commented that he wants to own it just to show our children, to help them understand about making good food choices. I think it is a good movie to at least see once, just informational value.
We also watch 30 Days with Morgan Spurlock(the same guy from Super Size Me), because it has some interesting things on it. The concept is “Can 30 day change your opinion?” We have watched some of the shows that have been very controversial; gun control, immigration, animal cruelty, homosexuality. All very interesting. If you get a chance, check it out. It's on FX, and I think it shows on Saturday nights, but don't quote me.

No comments: