Saturday, July 26, 2008

Big - Business

If you can believe it, I've never, until recently, seen the movie Big. You know, that 80's movie staring Tom Hanks. I don't know why, but I just never saw it. Lately it has been showing on TV and I seem to catch the same scene each time. Ya know, the scene where they play the big piano? Yeah, it's awesome, I plan to have one in my dream house. So I made it my mission to record it on our DVR and watch it. It recorded while I was gone so I had it waiting for me when I got back and I finally got around to watching it today while I sat and folded laundry. I rather enjoyed it, of course it was a cheesy 80's movie, but hey we don't hold their style of clothes against them. I think it adds charm to the movie. Tom Hanks is another one of my favorite actors, he has played some really great parts. Anyway, if you are a loser like me and have never seen this movie, it's one everyone should see.

Speaking of 80's movies, I also ran across one of my all time favorite movies on TV the other day. Big Business, you remember it? Bette Midler? It's awesome. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid, so I decided to record it. When I went to watch it, I was disgusted to find that they had cut out all the funny parts of the movie. Rude! So I went online to Amazon and found it on DVD for only $8! I had to get it. Now as I watch it as an adult, I find that there was a lot of... not crude, but risk-que humor in. Mom, how could you let me watch that! :) If you've never seen it, you have to see it. It's really funny, and so very 80's. I still need to get Bo to watch it to get a real opinion on it, but I think he'll like it... or he'll hate it. Be sure to see it.
It's weird, "a crazy random happenstance"(Dr. Horrible) that I paired these movies together. I went to post them, but before I did I wanted to make sure I spelled names correctly, and came upon the dates of their release and the were released a week apart in 1988. Crazy!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

John just bought me Big Business and I, too, was blown away by the innuendos and such. Great movie!

super size me is on our netflix queue. looking forward to seeing it.