Thursday, July 24, 2008

Penelope

Because I have so many blogs to write about movies, I'm going to start with ones we have watched recently and then move to the rest. I hope to not bore you with our mundane opinions...

Since I saw the preview, I have really been wanting to see the movie Penelope. Our movie store is kind of lame, it's hard to get new releases unless you get there on the day it comes out at opening time. Unlucky for us, we didn't get there even on that day so the couple of times we went in last week they never had it. So I threw up my arms and said “to heck with it” and went with Pay-Per-View instead. We really liked it. It was very cute, very clean and I'm always one for a good love story. Bo even liked the movie, he remarked after it was over that we really needed to own this movie. Although Christina Ricci hasn't been in much lately, she did a good job. I am a fan of James McAvoy, he's nice to look at! :) The story maybe conceived as cheesy, but I enjoyed it's light-heartedness and am always a fan of a movie that's PG. Resse Whiterspoon is also in the movie and has a charming part, she has some witty humor that perks the movie up. I really enjoyed the ending, although some would see it as cheesy and sappy, but I guess that just how I like it. Anyway, we liked it a lot and plan on owning it.

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

thanks-- it's in our netflix queue!

Katy said...

I so totally agree with you!! It was a great chick flick and you are right he is nice to look at! ;)It is definatlly one that I am going to add to my collection!