Friday, August 8, 2008

Nim's Island

This is another movie that I thought I would really like by the way the preview looked. It seemed to have a cute story line and a cute guy in it. I was right on one account. The dad in the movie, Gerard Butler (P.S. I Love You, Phantom of the Opera), who is very nice to look at made the movie better... for me at least, but we were a little disappointed in the story line. For kids, it might be a cute movie to see, the story line is light enough to be able to follow for young minds. For adults, it just lacked. I have really been impressed with what a great actress Abigal Breslin is becoming, and she did well in this movie, it just wasn't a full enough story line. One comment Bo made was that he was continually waiting for the plot line to start. My qualm with it was that the ending was not good enough. It got to the end and just kind of ended, no real explanation of anything. I know that it's my personality to like a movie to wrap up in a nice little bow in the end, but when you lack even part of a resolution, it makes the movie just disappointing. They had some cute animals in the movie that had personality so that would be a fun aspect for kids. Boo watched part of the movie with us, and liked talking about all the different animals and what they were called. We definitely won't be owning this one, but if your kids like animals they might enjoy watching this.

No comments: