Friday, March 14, 2008

Dan In Real Life

I had heard really good things about Dan In Real Life and so I was excited to see it. Bo, on the other hand, was not interested in seeing it. But since I was the one to go to the movie store, he really didn't have a choice. The night we watched, Boo was on a rampage! She was everywhere, in your face, running around, screaming, and anything else that a wild 2-year old does. So, needless to say, it made the movie-viewing experience... a bit unpleasant. And I wouldn't mind too much, but we are always in a crunch to watch the movies so Bo can get to bed at a decent hour. Bo was a good sport and actually sat down and watched it with me, he did leave the room during the middle because he was about to throttle our daughter because she was so crazy. You'd have thought that she had drank a whole case of coke by the way she was acting. So, with a lot of stopping and starting, rewinding and subtitles we finally got through it. Our rating: I really liked it. I was a bit irritated at some of the part in the movie because the main character gets dumped on and it wasn't deserved. One of the teenage daughters drove me crazy, but it added to the movies plot well, so I dealt with it. Bo was in such a mood with the irritation of the wild 2-year old, that he had a heightened anxiety with the movie. He always gets nervous/anxious when the characters or the movie get "uncomfortable". By this I mean, like when nothing can go right for the person and you just feel so sorry for them. These type of movies always make Bo crazy, he usually wants to just stop the movie or do something else. But he usually grins and bares it because I want to watch the movie. By the end of Dan In Real Life he actually liked the movie because it did have a good ending. I do think we would own it because I really liked it. Bo commented that he like the music in, and that always makes him like a movie better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burgess made me watch this the other day. It was really, really bad. Hooray for new episodes of the Office!

Kim & Max Willis family said...

i really liked this movie! max acctually liked it too!! i thought that it was a funny, real movie!!!